Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Love is always better

Four months! I've made it four months in this city. It feels like no time at all though. I'm so busy that I am shocked every time a new week comes around. How can it be Monday already!? Working 40 hours a week is hard, I'm always exhausted.
I am positive that this feeling has been magnified by the weather though. There have been three or four days where I could walk around in just a t-shirt and jeans; Other than that I am wearing a coat, battling with my umbrella or grabbing a taxi to avoid being outside.
People have said that this has been the hardest winter in years. And although I've always been one who loves snow, rain and cozy days with my book and a few Harry Potter movies, this is getting out of hand. 
I. just. need. sun. 

I do NOT love this weather.

Things I do love?
My room mates
The Bridges of Madison County musical soundtrack
My apartment
My Nook
Naps
FaceTime
The Farmers Market by my house
My job
I work Merch! Sounds thrilling right!?!? But its full of performers who are funny, smart, driven, people I really like being around. We work at Pippin, Kinky Boots, After Midnight and Murder for Two. That means I get to watch these shows for free! I don't do that every time I work, but even when I don't I am hearing these people sing and it reminds me why I am here. 
Because this is hard. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. 
I get to see an empty Broadway theater with just a ghost light onstage every time I work. 
There's something magical about that. About being there.

Sometimes I fear people will think I'm silly, idealistic or naive. I'm not. Its just, things are hard enough without trying to act "too cool" or like I don't care. I do care. I've already had my fair share of, what my friends and I call our "dark days". So now it is so important to me that I find magic, inspiration and love anywhere I can. So that's what I'm trying to do.

"But what I did is that I loved. And Love is always better." - JRB (Also me)

No comments:

Post a Comment