Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Can you remind me of what it was like, at the top of the world

My life is so busy!!!!! I hardly have time for anything other than school and rehearsal. Bloody bloody Andrew Jackson opens tonight! (but we did have an audience last night) luckily this show is only an hour and a half long so My nights won't be as busy and I can finally finish ALL my homework, not just half of it.

SCHOOL
Is going great. We have a new head of the department, so it's been good to get more feed back and have a new set of eyes. I only have a few more semesters and then I'll be done! I can't say how thankful I am to have been given the chance to get an education, and how excited I am to have a degree. It's very important to me to have one.

SHOWS
Seven brides this summer changed my life! I found great friends like my bestie Josh! And I had the best time with the cast. Summer 2012 will always be one of my favorites. BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON has been a wonderful learning experience. It's a show I never thought I'd be in (I typically do traditional musical theater) so doing a rock musical and needing to be way over the top has been hard for me. I've gotten frustrated with myself, but it's ok because at least I'm learning... I'll get there someday.

GENERAL
For the last year and a half I haven't had more than three weeks off before starting a new show. And it's been wonderful, I've learned so much. BUT that being said, I have decided that I need a break. I've never had the thought "I need to take a break from doing shows" until about a week ago. It's just that doing school AND multiple shows a semester is so hard and I need to make sure I pass all my general classes so I can graduate on time.
Also life has been so great this last year and a half that sometimes I think it's going to break. That things don't stay this good for this long because in the Last decade of my life it hasn't. And I'm starting to think that, yes, bad things happened; friends died, relationships went bad, cancer happened, eating disorders etc. But I think all those things would have been a lot easier if my attitude would have been what it is today. Because life happens, bad things happen but also GOOD things happen, GREAT things happen. And those good things happen much more often than the bad things.

No comments:

Post a Comment