Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just think of lovely things. And your heart will fly on wings

This is a song I wrote called "Neverland". I was inspired to put it up after reading a blog of someone who is dear to my heart. If you know the real story of Peter Pan then you know that Peter decides to stay in Neverland and never grow up... which is heartbreaking for Wendy and Truthfully for Peter also. Wendy knows she doesn't want to stay in Neverland and Peter is torn between going back with Wendy or staying where he is comfortable. I've always cried and cried when I read Peter Pan, see the musical or the live movie because I have always felt like Peter lacks courage. And so he'll always be the same, never getting any better or worse. Which for me is the worst. So this song is about experiencing that with a person. Knowing that you don't belong in Neverland and that you don't want to stay there, but also knowing Peter might not have the courage to follow a new star. There are a lot of Peter Pan referencesobviously (darling, thimble, plank, fairy) I am working on a less obvious version of the song. I'll post that when its finished. Thanks for reading :)



We don’t have to be like Peter Pan and Wendy
You don’t have to leave me lonely, when we both know I’m your only
Please take this thimble from me now, want to make it last but how
You could take me to Neverland, show me your Neverland

I’ve walked every plank for you
I played in every story for you
I love it when you take me in, Darling please understand
I’ll open up, just let me in, ready for this to start again
But You’re stuck in Neverland

I cant keep following you past the second star to the right
I’ve been following this light of yours, walking through your open doors
Yes this twisted road you’re on, one more twist and I’ll be gone
It’s beautiful when you look and see, nothings better than you and me

I’ve walked every plank for you
I played in every story for you
I love it when you take me in, Darling please understand
I’ll open up, just let me in, I’m ready for this to start again
But You’re stuck in Neverland

Been leading these lost boys so long, think you’ve started to play along
We play like we don’t know better, oh but love we’ve got to be braver
And I know how they dance around you, the fairies all dance around you
Know you want to be set free, take a step towards freedom, towards me

I’ve walked every plank for you
I played in every story for you
I love it when you take me in Darling please understand
I’ll open up, just let me in I’m ready for this to start again
But You’re stuck in Neverland

You keep saying how you want to run away
But you come back here the very next day
Torn between the life you want and what you’ve got
Bound by expectations of things you know you’re not
Never fully in or out, Never fully out of doubt

In your Never Neverland
You trapped yourself in Neverland
Stuck in this neverland
Welcome to your Never Neverland 



1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting forever for you to post this! I'm looking at studios this week, lets get you in an record it?

    leelee

    ReplyDelete