Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Who run the world, girls!

I am feeling pretty accomplished today! Mostly because I woke up at 7:30!!!! If you know me at all you know that this is an accomplishment in itself. I am not a morning person, but I'm starting to think that I could be :) And I was able to do so many things today! I have been feeling a little less than stellar so I thought waking up earlier and getting in more sunlight would assist me, and today it has! Sunlight is like magic, everyone enjoys it and it makes you feel good!

I found this today:
“You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest.”

Today I've been doing this. Facing up to things I've done, habits I've formed. I was honest with myself and found some areas where I know I can do better in if I would simply try. So I asked forgiveness for short comings and for the will power to change. In an episode of Grey's Anatomy someone asks George what Meredith is like. He then goes on to say that she is kind, she cares about people. That she can be selfish at times, but under it all she is kind, has a kind heart. I realized that when people describe me I'm sure my friends say things like "oh she's fabulous! She is so sassy! She is strong and passionate." I know those are things my friends would say about me... But would they say anything else? Do I leave any impression upon people other than that I'm passionate and sassy...? I got kinda down on myself because I honestly don't know if "kind" is one if the top 5 words my friends would use to describe me. This gets to change. I feel like I do have a kind heart but I push it aside thinking that my fabulous shoes or funny comments will be worth more to people. So I'm happy I have a chance to move "kind" up the list. Sad that I closed up and put on a mask. Happy that I recognize it and get to change it.

Also this popped up today



This is my friend Loren's bunny. :) adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment