Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Hard to believe, where we are now

Letter to No one,


If I could change one thing in my life it would be this. I'd erase any pain, all the tears. Oh how beautiful we could have been, we should have been. The memories we should have made, the places we should have gone. I have a million things I'd like to say to you. Good and bad, happy and sad. But I feel my words getting caught in my throat. So I wont say a word at all. I sing the song "Quiet" and think how strange that when it comes to you, thats all I can be. I would change our history, our future...or what could be the lack thereof. The words we should have said, still run through my head. But I saw how you didn't want to say here, saw you running looking for the pieces of you, that were left behind. I wish I could have saved us both, saved us from ourselves. But I'm not a superhero and I struggle to find my own way. I wish light and love for you. I send them your way every time you cross my mind. I can't say if I'll ever stop loving that boy who showed me so many things. I do know this “If you love something let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it forever.” I feel like I've done this before, like I've watched you come and go. I wish you could see the person I have become, this act of letting you go, letting you go free has been the hardest for me. It has changed my soul forever. And it has awakened something deep inside, caused me to burst open and stretch beyond what I thought I could. I wish for you to see you as I do. Push aside all the acting, masks, fronts you like to put up. I wish you could see the little boy with the best intentions who is waiting for you to let him come forward. Be the best, because you are. Because you get to be. Allow yourself to be happy. To have the things in your life that bring you the most joy, regardless of what people think, regardless of how hard to have to fight for it. If you love it, get it, fight for it. Be in darkness no more. Don't forget me. Don't forget the blueprint. Make it what you want it to be. I don't know if you'll ever read this, but I hope you do. I wish the best for you. I wish I could have been the best for you. There is so much more to say but, I can't find my words...I had words but I've forgotten how to say them.



I heard that your settled down.
That you found a girl and your married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.
Old friend why are you so shy?
It ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited.
But I couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face,
And that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over.

Nevermind I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me I beg 
I remember you said:-
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
but sometimes it hurts instead"
Sometimes it lasts in love, 
but sometimes it hurts instead yeah.

You'd know how the time flies.
Only yesterday was the time of our lives.
We were born and raised in a summery haze.
Bound by the surprise of our glory days.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face & that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over yet.

Nevermind I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me I beg 
I remember you said:-
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
but sometimes it hurts instead"

Nothing compares 
no worries or cares.
Regret's and mistakes they're memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

Nevermind I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me I beg,
I remembered you said:-
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
but sometimes it hurts instead"

Nevermind I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you.
Don't forget me I beg,
I remembered you said:-
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
but sometimes it hurts instead"
Sometimes it lasts in love,
but sometimes it hurts instead


No comments:

Post a Comment