Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Did the Wind sweep you off your feet

"Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."- Olive Penderghast

I found this on a blog I follow. All I can say is AMEN!!!!!!!

I feel like I have a little bit of chivalry in my life. Standard things. Doors being opened, seats being pulled out, the songs written or devoted to me. But where is my over the head radio?! I'm willing to go all out, to have that kind of relationship so where the heck is it?! If I'm going all out then the guy should too. 

I want the big hair, the awesome dance moves, the guys who are willing to go all out. 

Give me the 80's. And Patrick Dempsey. Thank you!



1 comment:

  1. Be happy every day that you do have chivalry and songs being written about you and dedicated to you. Because some never have that or any of the rest of it. Real life isn't like a movie. It is better. You are loved and that is amazing. Just love back with all you have and you might just be surprised.

    ReplyDelete