Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Look at this stuff isn't it neat?

I'm obbssessed with reading lately. I'm reading two books right now, the first is:
My favorite quote from it so far is:
 "I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me." 
Second favorite is:
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it."

I feel like I'll have a lot of favorites by the time I've finished it :)
The other book I'm reading is:



It is beautifully simple. Yet deals with the most complex topics. 
Finding one's legend. 
Favorite quotes include:

"He knew that his love for her would enable him to discover every treasure in the world."

"The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better. Forget about the future, and live each day according to the teachings, confident that God loves his children. Each day, in itself, brings with it an eternity."

Dear everyone,
My advice is to read these books. No harm will come if you do, but so much joy is there to find. So much excitement and knowledge.

I find myself reading these powerful thoughts, and inspiring words and nodding my head. As if I already knew them, as if I already knew that concept. And then I remember... I do already know. I know all these things, I just get to remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment