Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Grateful

I'm trying this new thing where I say what I'm grateful for grateful for each day. Along with a few positive affirmations. I've been saying the affirmations for a while now, but I just recently started the grateful statements. The combination is powerful. Things are happening. Changing. Not all at once, but little by little. And that is all it takes.

"...By small and simple things are great things brought to pass..." Alma 37:6
That same verse also says "...And small means in many instances doth confound the wise". When I read that I thought how true that is. How many times do I over think things, think that the answer is to simple, or trick myself into believing that situations are more complicated than they actually are? So I'm trying to see the small simple things that are happening, because they are pilling up and becoming great big things :)

Small and simple things can be used to bring to pass great things of good, or great things of bad. This scripture doesn't just apply to all good. Bad things can be brought to pass by small and simple things. So I'm also keeping an eye out for those small things that aren't bringing light into my life. Because so matter how small and trivial they seam, they will pile up. Things that do not bring light, bring darkness. I don't want a pile of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment