Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

K so I'm starting this blog for a few reasons. One - tonight I read a note on my friends facebook that made me cry because it was so beautiful. He talked about all the things he believes, and it made me think of so many things and I want to write them Two - I think this is going to be better than facebook to keep people (mostly family) updated on what is going on in my life Three - I wanted a place to share all my favorite quotes and scriptures and Four - I'm not good about journaling and I figure this is the closest thing I'll get to that :)


This last year was rough, but this summer my life started to be happy again, but I am so thankful that I was able to have those unpleasant experiences, because now I can see my blessings so much clearer, and I appreciate real friends so much more. And its even more evident when I see who God has put into my life, people like the young man who wrote this. I believe that God does notice me, and he does care about me. He makes that clear to me all the time, often through the words of a friend. Tonight he chose to make it clear through these words:

"I Believe...
That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I Believe...
That true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I Believe...
That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for the rest of your life.

I Believe...
That it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I Believe...
That you should always leave loved ones with loving words.

I Believe...
That you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I Believe...
That either you control your attitude or it controls you. Which sucks.

I Believe...
That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I Believe...
That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I Believe...
That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others. sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I Believe...
That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but, we are responsible for who we become.

I Believe...
That we are all here for many purposes.

I Believe...
That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.

I Believe...
That in learning about ourselves, we learn about God, Jesus Christ, and the Atonement.

I Believe...
That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.

I Believe...
In my limitted experience, that LOVE is the reason we are here.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything.

I Believe that I am a Child of God, and that's all that matters."


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog while I was facebook stalking today. I love this post. You're awesome Jess. I'm glad that I'm finally getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete